Material / Art Specifications
Digital Ad Requirements
IMAGES & SCANNING
- Create PDF files with Adobe Acrobat Distiller or Adobe PDF Online.
- DO NOT create encrypted PDF files. Do not use any security, including Acrobat Standard Security.
- DO NOT create PDF files with Adobe PDF Writer.
- DO NOT save as PDF from Adobe Ilustrator or Adobe Photoshop.
- Use Press Quality Acrobat Distiller PDF setting when creating PDFs.
- Embed all fonts (including system fonts) when creating PDF files.
- Include only TIFF or EPS images.
- Halftone or photo-quality images must be 300 DPI (pixels per inch) @ 100%.
(Note that internet/web images are usually only 72 DPI and reproduce poorly.)
- All lineart and line drawings must be 800 DPI or higher.
- Remove halftone screen from images scanned from printed materials to avoid moire patterns.
- DO NOT USE 4-COLOR BLACK. Please check your color separations in Acrobat before submitting to ensure ALL black is 100% and not a mix of CMYK.
- DO NOT save images in RGB, Index color or LAB color.
- All colors must be CMYK.
- DO NOT use knock-out type smaller than 10pt.
- Create documents at 100% of printed size (ads must not require scaling).
- Include only the necessary files for the ad on disk, or when sent by email.
MATERIAL DUE DATES
- NO proofs are sent from the publication, please be sure to check art before submitting.
|January Issue||due Dec. 12|
|February Issue||due Jan. 15|
|March Issue||due Feb. 12|
|April Issue||due March 19|
|May Issue||due April 16|
|June Issue||due May 21|
|July Issue||due June 18|
|August Issue||due July 16|
|September Issue||due Aug. 20|
|October Issue||due Sept. 17|
|November Issue||due Oct. 22|
|December Issue||due Nov. 19|